Carbohydrate is part of a healthy diet. They provide lots of energy, vitamins and minerals, and the fiber can help keep you satisfied.
The Bottom Line
• Carbohydrates are VERY important for exercise
• With carb, you can go faster, harder, and longer
• Carbs give you the energy you need to do the work you want
• The brain and nervous systems need carb to function correctly
• After exercise, eating carbs allows your body to use protein to repair itself
• Eating before and within 30 minutes after work outs gives your body the best chance to succeed
• Complex carb can give you energy for a long time
• Simple carbs only give you short bursts and can leave you feeling hungry faster
• Carbs are found in many foods: fruits, vegetables, grains, dairy, and sweets.