Dale, and his wife Ellie, co-founded NutriFormance- Fitness, Therapy and Performance on the premise of blending the highest quality performance and corrective exercise with nutrition coaching provided by registered dietitians. Since 1997, NutriFormance has provided well over 400,000 personal training, nutrition coaching, sports conditioning, massage and Pilates sessions to our valued clients. In 2005, we added the Athletic Republic Sports Performance conditioning program to further refine our offerings to the athletic population. Today, both NutriFormance and Athletic Republic St. Louis are located in Frontenac, Missouri.
Dale completed his undergraduate schooling at Missouri State University in Dietetics and Exercise Science. Dale completed a dietetic internship at Saint Louis University and earned the title of registered dietitian which he maintained for 10 years. Currently, he is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with the National Strength and Conditioning Association and specializes in corrective and performance conditioning for youth athletes, amateur athletes and older adults needing improvements in activities of daily living. Essentially, Dale enjoys helping others reach performance related goals, whether it is to climb Mount Kilimanjaro (a 65 year old female client did this in 1999) or to return to full game speed following the completion of ACL rehabilitation.
Dale has appeared on NBC television in St. Louis discussing ergogenic aids and deli foods vs. fast foods. He has lectured and written nationally with professional exercise organizations such as the American Council on Exercise and the International Association of Fitness Professionals. Dale and NutriFormance have been featured in several magazines including Men’s Health, Shape American Health for Women, Exercise and Health for Men, and Newsweek. Dale’s certifications and memberships include:
- Registered Dietitian #813259– American Dietetics Association- 1996-2006
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)– Certified Personal Trainer #T22199
- NSCA– Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist #954736- Current
- State Director– National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)- 2001
- Member– Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutritionists
- Editorial Advisor– ACE Fitness Matters- 1999-2001
- Chairperson– St. Louis Sports Nutritionists (SCAN) 1997
- ACE Committee Member– Advanced Personal Trainer- 2000-2001
- Faculty Board of Directors– American Council on Exercise-2000
- Master Practical Trainer– American Council on Exercise- 2000
- Life Fitness Academy– Training Network- 2001-2004
- Media Representative– Fitness Products Council and American Council on Exercise 2000-2002
- IDEA– Personal Training Committee Member (2001-2004)
- Advisory Board– St. Louis University Dietetic Internship and Undergraduate Programs
- Young Entrepreneurs’ Organization– 1999-2009
Dale and Ellie reside in Creve Coeur and have three children who are all learning about leading an active lifestyle, enjoying sports, outdoor activities and healthy living.